Do you know any kids that need homework help?
The Smash Gyms After-School Program has made an incredible impact on the lives of many of young members. Thanks to our caring tutors the kids have seen phenomenal progress academically, physically and emotionally. Programs in both Sunnyvale and San Jose! Kids classes include Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Kickboxing, Parkour, Kids Fitness, and Judo. Activities include studying, and learning about other cultures and our world class martial arts and fitness classes.
Here are some testimonials from the parents of our students! Thank you for the opportunity to let our staff help in developing your child both mentally and physically!
Beginning Monday (2/10/14) our NEW Comprehensive Kids and Teens martial arts program will begin! We are so excited to launch our new Kids Martial Arts classes at the East San Jose & Evergreen location! Our kids program will feature Kids Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kids Wrestling, and Kids Judo classes taught by World Class Instructors. This comprehensive grappling program will not only prepare your son or daughter for any self-defense situation but will help them gain the discipline and respect to become a winner in their day to day life. If your child chooses to compete in Judo, Wrestling, or BJJ our program and coaches can guide them along a path to becoming an exceptional athlete and role model. Through this program your child will gain the confidence to overcome any obstacle they encounter. We will make your child a winner.
Program Instructors include:
Filip Novachkov- D1 College Wrestler (Cal Poly), Pac-10 Finalist, California High School State Champion, 3x CA State Placer, 3x CCS Champion
Scott Clymer- NCWA National Champion, D1 College Wrestler at Liberty University, Pennsylvania High School State Wrestling Champion, NCAA Wrestling Championships Competitor, MAC Conference Champion ("Most Valuable Wrestler")
Eli Sanchez- D1 College Wrestler at Liberty University, San Jose Open Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Medium Heavy and Absolute Champion, 2011 BJJ by the Sea Champion, US Open Championships 3rd place
Vince Rodriguez- 5th Place High School National Championships 1985, 3rd Place California State Championships 1985, 2x Freestyle State Champion
Jacob Palomino- 4X California State Wrestling Championship Finalist, 2011 BJJ US Open Champion
Sam Spengler- Quimby Oak Junior High School Coach, Pro-MMA Fighter, Montana State Wrestling Champion
Dave Williams- SJSU Judo Instructor, Judo National Champion
Come in and try a FREE WEEK of Classes!
As of Monday the current kids schedule will be as follows...
Wrestling (Kids and Teens)
4:30pm from Monday- Thursday
Judo (Kids & Teens)
4:30pm on Tuesday & Thursday
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Kids and Teens)
5:30pm from Monday-Thursday
We will also have later Wrestling options for teens and adults at 6:30pm on Tuesday and Thursday.
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/smashsanjose
On Aug. 24th, Javier Martinez competed in the Rising Sun Nationals BJJ Tournament in Daly City. Putting on a very dominating performance, Javier placed 1st in his division.
Last weekend, a handful of Smash BJJ students competed in the Jiu-jitsu by the Bay BJJ Tournament. Christine Apatow, Lou Noble, and Yane Penev placed 1st in their respective divisions. Yane also placed 2nd in the open weight class division. Jonathan Bialoglovski and Arturo Galano placed 3rd in their divisions.
Check out the highlights of the Smash students at Jiu-jitsu by the Bay 12!
Then this Sat., Louie Noble Jr., Derek Jen, Jovina David, and Jonah David represented the Smash Kids Martial Arts Program and competed in the San Mateo Boys & Girls Club Judo Developmental Tournament. Derek and Jovina placed 1st , Louie placed 2nd, and Jonah placed 3rd in their respective divisions.
Check out the highlights of the Smash kids!
Congratulations to everyone on that great performances and representing Smash so well!
This past Saturday, Nov. 3, Smash Gyms Brazilian Jiu-jitsu student Sam Jung competed in the Darcio Lira Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Invitational Tournament in Livermore, CA. Sam put on a great performance and placed 1st in his division! Great work on bringing home gold!
Then on Sunday, Nov. 4, Smash Gyms Kids Martial Arts student Aaron Jen competed in the Bojuka Invitational Judo Tournament held in Seaside, CA. Aaron had 5 tough matches and worked very hard. Aaron placed 2nd in his division and brought home the silver.
Big congratulations to both competitors!
Here are some highlights from the Bojuka Invitational Judo Tournament.
Tutoring for kids ages 5-14 in Santa Clara. Smash is located on the border of Sunnyvale and Santa Clara just 5 minutes from Rivermark Plaza and Great America.
We looked at what challenges face most families during the evening and post school hours. We then outlined a program that will provide you with the following features and benefits.
- Clean, air conditioned facility.
- 5,000 square foot facility specifically designed for fitness and martial arts.
- Staff of highly trained professionals in a family owned business.
- Incorporate physical development programs (Martial Arts) that are more effective at building your child's self-esteem, confidence and over all physical health than any other physical activity available to children today.
- A proven self-discipline and character development curriculum
- Daily math, reading lessons or homework help.
- Strong focus on fitness.
- Martial Arts classes that improve coordination, discipline, and respect taught by champion instructors.
- Testing and Intramural tournaments are included with the tuition. One of the fundamental growth tactics we use is their promotions in the martial arts. All of the testing, belts, certificates, etc., are included with their tuition.
- The most affordable After School Program available.
We are pleased to announce the start of the Smash Gyms Kids After School Program for kids in Sunnyvale and Santa Clara! In our program you child will focus on:
- A fun Kids Fitness and Martial Arts class, designed help your child achieve goals and build confidence
- Engaging lessons focusing on personal success covering everything from Time Management to Dealing With Bullies and Strangers
- Our dedicated tutors will focus on your child's reading, homework and study time
- Discipline - This kids program is designed to help children learn discipline that will carry over to all aspects of their life.
- Respect - Children will learn to respect themselves and show to respect to instructors and classmates
- Confidence - Every child in our program learns how to achieve success. Their confidence will grow when we help them reach their goals.
- Team building - Our kids martial arts program teaches kids how to problem solve as a team. Learning to play and work with others is an essential life skill.
- This program is great for both boys and girls!
- Convenient Bay Area location just 10 minutes from Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Milpitas and San Jose
Please visit our website: After School Program for the schedule and more information.
Smash is just 5 minutes away from Rivermark Plaza in Santa Clara!
Smash Gyms Kids Martial Arts and Fitness
The Smash Gyms Kids Martial Arts Program can and WILL help your child increase their confidence, self-esteem, discipline, while teaching them life skills that will last them a lifetime! In our program your child will be able to progress at their very own pace. We understand that everyone learns differently. Whether your child can only train once a week or everyday we have the program that will fit your needs.
With a strong focus on coordination and overall fitness our kids curriculum includes a systematic blend of Jiu-jitsu, Wrestling, and Judo into a complete grappling system. Our kids class curriculum was designed by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belts, Judo black belts, College Wrestlers, and self-defense experts. Our system is designed as a path for the average child to progress safely and quickly. The system has proven to be highly effective in both self-defense and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu sport competition. You will find our unique classes are presented in a format highly conducive to learning while maintaining a strong focus on safety.